Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Exfoliating Scrubs - Baking Soda


To have beautiful, glowing skin it's necessary to exfoliate sometimes.  I have two simple recipes for you that do this for you with minimal effort.  Today's exfoliator is as simple as it gets.  Baking soda.  That's it.


Sprinkle a little baking soda into your hand and massage it into a clean, damp face.  Rinse.  It's gentle enough that it won't damage your skin cells, yet has just enough grit to get the job done.  You'll be amazed at how nice this leaves your skin feeling and looking.  I make sure to exfoliate on a weekly basis, sometimes do it two or three times, depending on how my skin is feeling.


I keep an old Parmesan cheese jar filled with the good stuff.  It makes it easy to shake out for exfoliating or any of baking soda's other gazillion uses.


It doesn't get much cheaper than this.  On Meijer.com, 2 four pound boxes sell for $4.18.  I actually bought mine in the store so, I don't remember the exact cost, but I'm sure it was still barely over $2.00.  Using the on-line price as a basis, that breaks down to $.03 per ounce.  You definitely won't use an ounce to exfoliate, so the cost per use really doesn't even register.


Click here to view more posts in this series.


Tomorrow I'll share my favorite face and body sugar scrub.  See you then!


I'm sharing this @ Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways.

3 comments:

  1. great post!!! it works good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried this. I guess I'll have to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding about a tbls of honey with this makes a wonderful face scrub :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!